Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dreaming aloud...

The title is partly because those are the words that just came out of my stereo. If you know not the song "Walking After You" by the Foo Fighters, you must indulge. Its been on repeat around here for a while now...

Today was one of those days that felt slow, but actually went by quickly. I have yet to get anything done that I should have, but honestly I have less and less of these days and I needed it today. It also helped that the prize I won off the One Little Word blog finally came today!! I had to do a mental check- there was so much stuff!

Including a new little journal for my Mini Art that I of course had to decorate right away:


After that... I was not quite satisfied artistically. So after perusing blogs, waiting for individual inspiration to strike... I finally had it.

My outlook on life feels brighter in general... I know it sounds masochistic, but I think I kept myself in a state of self-doubt because that is the place where I had become most comfortable. It becomes easy not to achieve when you don't push for better. Its time for me to shake my own foundations and save myself (love you Kaela.) My support team will always be there, but I need to fix my own mentality of who I am...

Join me for the journey?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...
    There is goodness to celebrate!
    Your mini looks adore (I know you just needed to hear that word tonight)!
    I love the drippy paint look, it reminds me of Julie P.

    I will see you so soon, now. Come ready for art and SYTYCD (and work, too, I suppose).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won the art blog thing????! Why didn't you tell me! Which one won? What did you get? I am so excited for you babe.

    I love your last paragaph. :) Not just because I am in it, or because I inspired part of it, but because you actually rote it. Sash. You wrote it down. I am so proud of you.

    I will be with you on the journey every step of the way, always some yards behind you, so you may journey on your own, but close enough that I can run to you and pick you up when you fall.

    Love

    ReplyDelete