Friday, May 22, 2009

Believe

I want to believe. This is the poster that is hanging right above my desk, and before I flip a ton of you out by making you think that I actually believe in aliens, breathe in and breathe out.
Those of you who know me and know my obsessions will laugh, this is a replica of the poster in Mulder's office in the X-Files. I admit, I am an X-Phile (a word coined by fans to describe extreme fans.)

I have this poster up for more reasons than that. There are many things that I want to believe in. I want to believe that I am taken care of. I want to believe that I have the faith that is required in believing. I want to believe that I am enough...

Finally found the time to create today:

I am so ecstatic that I have the supplies that will satisfy every creative desire and inspiration. This piece seems to come from that all too familiar place of facing failure, although I believe that I am coming out of a slump. My wonderful family has constantly encouraged me and I appreciate that so much. This is more of a reminder to myself that I am in control... I hold my heart in my hands, and if I let it get crushed... its only on me.

So smile and believe... I'm okay.

What do you want to believe in?

4 comments:

  1. I believe in pasta with olive oil, chicken, tomatos, spinach , red onions, green olives and feta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe in God's glorious goodness and ability to care for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in a world beyond this that makes everything okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to believe that I have the strength and beauty that all of my sisters have.

    I love you, Chiquita. You constantly make me believe.

    ReplyDelete