Saturday, June 20, 2009

The battle


It's been a long week. Neglecting my artistic adventures is easier to do when I'm feeling depressed. We've been having some crazy weather 'round this part of town. Lots of rain, lots of sunny humidity. Yesterday, they decided to duke it out and, by my eyes, it looks like a tie.

I also adore this picture because light and dark, happiness and pain, the good and the bad all seem to battling in my soul. They fight, trying to make me wholly one or the other. This puts me in a generally crap-mood all because I don't know what I am, happy or sad. I gotta say, a lot of times, the darkness wins.

But I create, trying to move on and heal. I am in need for some real art, messy and experimental today. For now I thought I'd share what I've been working on over the past few
days: This is another entry for OLW... trying to do stuff that's a little more me... a little more unique. I think I like it... It reminds me that there's still a lot that I do have and even though rough times are just getting rougher, life is still something good. Its supposed to be reveled in and enjoyed to the fullest. It's supposed to be lived.

So I'm off to live life this weekend. Lot's of studying, lots of Streisand and lots of Sasha being herself: the good, the bad and the ugly. May I find the light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

  1. can i just say that I love you, sasha rose?!?!?! You are fantastic, even more fantastic than barbara streisand :) and I love the rainbow picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one time were you are being really deep and emotional (as usual) and i completely identify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LUB IT!!! Dear artiste, You WIN in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this post. I love the first picture and the symbolism of it all. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the second picture that you made. So you, and I love every bit of it, from the words to the background, to the picture in the corner. And the final picture is now the background of my phone. Now that I have my laptop I think the desktop backgrounds will be a continual stream of your art :) That thought just makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete