Monday, June 22, 2009

Green and Dizzy


So I started a new journal- I've experimented with new techniques so much, its actually inhibitory to try and work in my old moleskin. Love the inspiration that cam from Kal and her GOventure today (see above ; ) )...

Where this page comes from is the feelings of jealousy and frustration that comes with this painful and amazing process simply termed "growing up." Now that's its summer and I'm working and taking classes and stressing about life in general, I can't help but look back to those hazy, lazy days not too many years ago filled with playing outside from dawn till dusk, creating new worlds for my sisters and I to live in for a day and camping. It has been even more difficult than usual now that I know when I wake up saying "Oh, it's hot, but I have to go to class for 10 hours," they wake up saying "Mmmm, coffee... reading... should we go to the beach or the pool today?" GRRRRRrrrrr, it makes me angry. I do know that I'm growing and I love my life. These shakey and scary steps away from the comforts of home are vital to contented survival.

So I study... do art... and breathe.... Take in every day, and try to live it to its fullest potential.
Its good...

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and so expressive. I can really see both sides of growing up coming out in it. Found you on Kal's site...hope you're doing the rest of the week's challenges too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear One, I understand... I am jealous for you to be here with us. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete