Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Don't tell me what I can't do!

I wish I had a picture of a sunny, beautiful, summery, day. Alas, it was cold and grey.

I was suffering from a serious case of self-irritation today. (Not with school, brief update: I am got a B in both test and practical for the "un-passable" Anatomy class this summer.) I was irritated with myself physically...

These days happen every once and a while... I struggle against old ballerina demons; battling the sylph-image. I heal a little more every time they come around though. Usually, it helps if I force myself to be physical. So, roomie and I decided to explore the 9 mile bike loop near the apt. After a while, we decided to turn back so we wouldn't be late and ended up beginning an adventure of ending up WAY off track and having to bike through the city in the dimming light to get home. It went longer than we intended, though was definitely a good workout. During one of our trail conversations, I mentioned that I would like to run the loop by the time I leave for GR. Lauren babbled a sentence containing one glaring word:

"IMPOSSIBLE."

Oh, ho, darling room mate. Do you know what that word does to me?!



And not only has this change in drive happened for me physically, I feel an incredible focus for every area of my life. I'm just sick of letting people down, but mostly myself. I have lost faith, I have given up, I have let the opportunities to shine pass me by, fleeting as the wind...

Not. Any. More.

2 comments:

  1. YES! You have NOT lost faith! You are NOT letting people down! You have NOT given up! you have NOT lost opportunities to shine! NOT! ANY! MORE!

    Tamga to infinity and beyond!
    PS How's Jamie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like someone was invaded with a little spirit of Mr. Locke himself. Before he turned into the creepy dead guy of course.I am proud of you babe. I love this artwork and I love what it inspires. You are beautiful, and you absolutely can do anything you set your mind to. Again, the last paragraph is quite inspiring. I love the way you leave poeple. Love it!

    ReplyDelete