Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What is my Super power?


It took me long enough to think of this one. After it popped into my mind, I though for another good 15 minutes. I wanted to think of something stronger, cooler, and artsy-er... But I kept coming back around. I have to believe that getting back up is a super power. As a wise woman said "Everyone screws up, its what we do, how we live after that makes the difference."
So there's my superpower... Maybe I'll need it for the rest of my life.

Exhaustion reached its peak today. Test after test, studying for more... it never seems to end. I just want to breathe again. But I have two words for you: provisional acceptance.

The packet with my name on it that I received in class today informed me that I was accepted into the Nursing program pending my success this summer. I pray for stamina.

Good in my life can never really be just good. It always seems to come paired with something bad. (Money, money, money!) I dream of the fall, when I will have made it, paid for my classes and continue living the dream. But...


So there you go.
Happy halfway through the week.
Make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. QUERIDA ARTISTA,
    So much talent and beauty of expression you have...thank you for sharing it with us! I know that this journey continues to be full of opportunities for trust. Will you pick yourself up, breathe, ask God for the peace and trust you lack and keep moving forward?
    TAMGA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sasha. Constantly. Everytime I reed your blog, I am reminded that I can do this to have hope.

    It is impossible to say which piece I liked better in this. Getting back up is one of the most amazing super powers ever. It isn't an easy one, like radioactive powers of strength, but one that the superhero constantly has to search for within herself. Kudos to you for realizing that you have it. There are people in life without it, those with sad empty lives, whose dreams forever lie packed away on a dusty shelf, for they don't have the courage to get back up after they fall. You are a constant inspiration to me that you do.

    The second piece is beyond divine!! The words, oh, the words! I want to roll in them like a field. I dive in them and swim around! I am overjoyed with these words, they make me so incredibly... Not happy, but not just peaceful. They make my feel so full, but in a fairy kind of way. If that makes any sense at all. I don't have the right adjective. And I'm rambling. Sorry.

    I love you from this life to the next.

    ReplyDelete